Adelaide Island (also Isla Adelaida or Isla Belgrano) is a large, mainly ice-covered island, 75 miles long and 20 miles wide, lying at the north side of Marguerite Bay off the west coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. Rothera Station here is operated year-round by the British Antarctic Survey. The personnel are conducting upper atmosphere and ozone layer studies. It is situated on a rock and raised beach promontory at the southern extremity of Wormald Ice Piedmont, in the south east of the island. Adelaide Island was discovered in 1832 by a British expedition under John Biscoe. The island was first surveyed by the French Antarctic Expedition (1908-1910) under Jean-Baptiste Charcot.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.