Anacortes is a town on Fidalgo Island in Skagit County, Washington State in the United States. It is surrounded by the north Puget Sound and San Juan Islands on three sides, and by the Swinomish Channel and the flats of Skagit Valley to the east. First known as Ship Harbor, Anacortes was established with a name and a post office in 1879 in the vain hope that it would be selected as the western terminus of the transcontinental railroad. The town was officially incorporated in 1891 shortly after the railroad went bust, and became a lumber and fishing centre. In the 1950s oil companies built big refineries near town.
Anacortes is a popular destination for boaters and those travelling on to the San Juan Islands. On the northwestern end of Fidalgo Island is Washington Park with majestic views of the San Juan Islands. The waters off of Anacortes and Fidalgo Island offer numerous varieties of marine-life, including three resident Orca pods.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.