Comodoro Rivadavia is the biggest city in South Patagonia, Argentina, on the Gulf of San Jorge 1,000 miles (1,600 km) south of Buenos Aires. Founded in 1901 by Francisco Petrobelli and named after Comodoro Martín Rivadavia of the Argentine navy, this is an oil and fishing centre for the region. The region offers the the beach at the rsort town of Rada Tilly or the beautiful Bahía de Camarones. Nearby is the protected area, Cabo Dos Bahías, with a significant quantity of guanacos typical of the steppe, and a colony of Magellan penguins.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.