This small town at the mouth of the Valdivia River, in the South of Chile, is the port for the city of Valdivia. Founded in 1552 it was a strategically significant outpost during the colonial era, but growth came in the mid 19th century, when a large influx of German settlers introduced capital and new skills into the area. There is a mark some 10m above sea level showing the level to which the area was flooded by the tsunami following the 1960 great earthquake which had its epicentre offshore. Both Corral and Valdivia were damaged.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.