The seaport and resort of Dieppe lies in the Normandy region of northern France, at the mouth of the Arques River on the English Channel, north of Rouen and northwest of Paris. Set in a valley surrounded by steep white cliffs, Dieppe has an old town with many 18th century houses and a restored castle dating originally from 1435 that now houses a museum. It features a pebble beach, promenade and casino.
The Protestant town was occupied by the English during the Hundred Years' War and suffered several periods of religious persecution in France as well as losing almost 10,000 of its inhabitants from a plague 1668. In 1694 the town just survived destruction by the English and Dutch fleets and suffered severe damage during WW2.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.