Eleuthera is an island in the Bahamas, lying 50 miles (80 km) east of Nassau. It is long and thin - 110 miles (180km) long and in places little more than 1 mile (1,600m) wide. It has wide rolling pink sand beaches and large outcrops of ancient coral reefs. The eastern side of the island faces the Atlantic Ocean while the western side faces the Great Bahama Bank, one of the two Bahama Banks. Natural attractions include the Glass Window Bridge, Hatchet Bay caves and Surfer's Beach in the north, and Ocean Hole and Lighthouse Beach at the south end. Preacher's Cave on the north end was home to the Eleutherian Adventurers in the mid-17th century, and recent excavations have uncovered Arawak remains at the site.
The island is believed to have been unoccupied until the first European settlers, puritan pilgrims, arrived in 1648 from Bermuda. The principal settlements are Governor's Harbour (the administrative capital), Rock Sound, Tarpum Bay, Harbour Island with its unusual pink sandy beaches and Spanish Wells. The island is particularly noted for the excellence of its pineapples and holds an annual Pineapple Festival in Gregory Town.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.