Freeport, Texas lies at the mouth of the Brazos River, on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, 60 miles (97 km) south of Houston. Founded in 1912 by the Townsite Company, a New York sulphur mining group, it is the now hub of Brazosport area with variety of recreational, industrial, port, and commercial fishing enterprises. Close by is Quintana, Texas' oldest seaport where Stephen F. Austin's first colonists landed in 1822, and the historic village of Velasco, which served as temporary capital of the Texas Republic and where peace treaty between Texas and Mexico was signed in 1836 after Texas had won its independence on the battlefield of San Jacinto.
Attractions include Surfside Beach, where the wreck of The Arcadia, a Confederate blockade runner lies in shallow water, The Shrimp Boat Monument and Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.