The small fishing port and resort of Greencastle on the north coast of Ireland gets its name from the overgrown castle ruins just outside the town and was built by the Earl of Ulster in 1305 to guard the entrance to Lough Foyle. It is the second largest fishing port in County Donegal after Killybegs.
Overlooking the harbour located in the old Coastguard Station is the Greencastle Maritime Museum which houses a collection of boats, artifacts and memorabilia relating to the maritime past of the area. On Greencastle's upper road looking down toward the harbour sits Saint Finian's Church built in 1783 while outside town is the much ruined ivy-covered medieval church of Templemoyte. The port also gives access to Derry or Londonderry.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.