During the Revolutionary War, this small hamlet was visited several times by General Lafayette. He commented that the area reminded him of the French seaport of Le Havre, which had originally been named Le Havre-de-Grace. Inspired by Lafayette's comments, the town was incorporated as Havre de Grace (Harbor of Grace) in 1785. Early industry in Havre de Grace included oyster and crab harvesting and fruit orchards. It was also the southern terminus for the Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal, which carried freight up the Susquehanna River to destinations inland. Havre de Grace was also known for duck hunting and a strong cottage industry of decoy making soon sprung up. Today Harve de Grace is the self proclaimed "Decoy Capital of the World."
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.