Herm Island is is the smallest of the Channel Islands and lies 3 miles from the coast of Guernsey. It measures just a mile and a half long and half a mile wide. The northern half of the coastline is surrounded by sandy beaches, the southern half is rocky. Shell Beach and Belvoir Bay are two of the best beaches. Cars and bicycles are banned.
Herm was occupied in prehistoric times; the remains of Neolithic chamber tombs have been found on the island. The most important moment in Herm's political history was in 933, when the Channel Islands were annexed to the Duchy of Normandy (they remain a British Crown Dependency since the division of Normandy in 1204). After the annexation, Herm gradually lost its monastic inhabitants, and between 1570 and 1737 the governors of Guernsey used it as a hunting ground. The German occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II essentially by-passed Herm.
There are no cruises currently listed for this port of call.